CLE X, an annual, day long, invite-only event that brings together Cleveland's hottest innovators in tech, design, art, science and education, happened on Sept. 26 2017. 22 speakers shared innovations, passions, and efforts with 70 attendees to spark new ideas and encourage creativity.
How it Worked
This interactive gathering offered participants the opportunity to hear from 22 speakers who gave 7-minute presentations to introduce, influence, find partners or get feedback on their newest passion. No powerpoint or formal presentation was required, just passion, excitement and vision.
CLE X 2017
CLE X 2017 took place Sept. 26th at the Children's Museum of Cleveland, a new creative space opening early November in MidTown Cleveland.
A very special thank you to our partner and host, Maria Campanelli, Executive Director of the Children's Museum of Cleveland. It was the perfect environment to showcase innovation while highlighting the value of "play”.
Thanks to Reynaldo Zabala Director and Co-Founder of CLEVR, attendees had the chance to experience Virtual and Augmented Reality. Participants also had the opportunity to experience Microsoft HoloLens thanks to Susanne Wish-Baratz, Assistant Professor of Anatomy at Case Western Reserve University, and her team.
This year's inspiring speakers included:
- Maria Campanelli, Exec Dir., Cleveland Children’s Museum, “Magic Museum”
- Jeff Patterson, CEO, CMHA, “Public Housing Does Broadband”
- Jeffrey Duke, Manager of GIS Services, NEORSD, “Mapping Your Data Story”
- Lisa Camp, Associate Dean, Strategic Initiatives, Case School of Engineering and Nigamanth Sridhar, Dean, College of Graduate Studies at CSU “Cleveland Rules the Internet of Things”
- Jasmine Maze, Principal, Cleveland School of Digital Arts, “Building Digital”
- James Hillegas, Founder, StructuralMD, “Un-civilizing Civil Engineering”
- Brandyn Armstrong, CEO, Studio Stick “Studio Stick”
- Pete O’Neil, Director, Cleveland Clinic Innovations “Cleveland’s Healthcare Ecosystem”
- Fred Bidwell, Exec, Dir., Front International, “An American City”
- YeongAe Heo, Assistant Professor of Civil Engineering, CWRU “Predicting Disasters”
- Darius Steward, Artist and Art Teacher at St. Ignatius High School, “Mural Meaning”
- Steve McHale, Founder/CEO, Explorys/IBM, “The Clarity Project”
- Lynne Shlonsky, Design Director, American Greetings, “Corporate Innovation”
- Susanne Wish-Baratz, Assistant Professor of Anatomy, CWRU, “HoloAnatomy”
- Reynaldo Zabala, Enterprise Technology Strategist, RazorEdge, “Cleveland as the Augmented Reality Belt”
- Joan Chase- Director of Place, DigitalC, “MidTown Tech Hive”
- Punkaj Ahuja, Founder & CTO, Apollo Medical Devices “A Single Drop of Blood”
- Dr. Marla E. Pérez-Davis, Deputy Director, NASA John H. Glenn Research Center, “Aero for the Future”
- Jarryd Huntley, Software Development Instructor, Adjunct Professor - Game Development “More than Games”
- Leon Wilson, CIO, Cleveland Foundation, “No Tech, No Job”
- Dr. Akram Boutros, CEO, MetroHealth, “Big Data Saves Kids’ Lives”
We look forward to bringing more passionate innovators together at the next CLE X. The conversation does not end here. Join the CLE X 2017 Slack Channel to continue to exchange ideas, discover future partnerships, and stay in tune with the work this year's attendees are doing in Cleveland.
Frequently Asked Questions?
Learn more about what to expect for future CLE X events to come. Here is a list of FAQs.